First impressions count and your wedding invitations set the tone of what your guests can expect on the big day, so we understand the importance of them being perfect inside and out! Don’t worry if you are not a budding Shakespeare as once you’ve found your perfect design we can help you with the wording.
So, what should be included…..
• Title, first name and surname of the couple
• Who they are from – they are normally sent from the hosts, which are traditionally the brides’ parents, and are generally written in the third person (i.e. Mr & Mrs Jones). However, it is becoming more common for them to be sent from the couple themselves. Traditionally the brides name appears before the groom, but there is nothing to say you can’t break convention and word your invitations however you want! The wording becomes more complicated if parents are divorced or if the couple are holding the event themselves.
• Correct invitation – ‘the honour of your presence’ is generally used for a religious ceremony and ‘the pleasure of the company’ is for non‐religious.
• Where the ceremony is taking place
• Date, month and year of the wedding ceremony
• Where the wedding reception is taking place (if different from the ceremony)
• Address/telephone/email to which guests should reply
• A reply date
• You might also wish to include details such as: any dress code or theme; the time the guests can expect the day to come to an end; whether children are invited. If children are invited, make this clear by including their names on the invitation (as parents might assume the children are not invited if not specified). If children are not invited include wording like ‘As much as we would like to invite all the children of our friends, it is only possible to accommodate the children of close family’, or ‘We are sorry we are unable to accommodate children’.
Follow this link for our suggestions on how to word your invitations.
To order samples of any our invitations, with printed insert please just choose your favourite design(s) from our Invitations page and select the ‘order sample’ button.