Having your own wedding website is another chance for you to celebrate your love and to spread your excitement about your big day. Coochicoo Cards can build yours for you and it can be tailored to the same colour theme and style as your invitations and the rest of your wedding stationery. CLICK HERE TO SEE ONE WE MADE EARLIER, so please take a peek at how yours could look.
Why should you have a wedding website?
There are two reasons to make a wedding website. One is to involve your guests in the fun even before they get to the ceremony, at the same time as giving them an easy way to find out all the information they need about your big day. You may decide not to include everything in your invitations so you can include the details here instead (e.g.: dress code, travel plans, accommodation, menu options, gifts etc.) The other reason is that it gives your guests no reason not to RSVP as they can do it online easy as pie and give you their menu choices. They don't even need to buy a stamp or visit a post box!
Think of your website as a one-stop shop where your guests can visit whenever they have questions, instead of having to call or email you or your family members.
What should be included?
You can include as much or as little information as you like but here are our recommendations for what to include:
• Welcome page: thank your guests for visiting and why not include a fun and eye catching countdown timer to the big day as well as a photo of the happy couple.
• Our story: tell your love story, how you met, share a few of your favorite photos together etc and consider giving away some details that your guests may not know about you. This is especially helpful for plus-one guests who may not know you that well. (Don’t go overboard though as your guests may not feel like scrolling through a slideshow of the entire story of your lives together.)
• Information: include the important stuff like where and when the ceremony and reception is; accommodation (whether rooms are reserved at the venue and how to book them or alternative local accommodation); getting there (e.g. directions to venues or transport you have provided); a schedule/timeline of the day (e.g.; when are the photographs, wedding breakfast, evening reception etc); gifts (e.g.: include a link to a registry list, charity for donations or post a wishing well poem).
• RSVP: a simple tick-box reply form that can include menu options and space to add any special dietary requirements.
• Photos: allows a place for you guests to upload photos after the wedding (using the wedpics app that we can set up for you).
• News/Updates: notify guests of any changes or updates or things they should be aware of (e.g.: if they need to book taxis in advance, bring sensible footwear as its in a tipi etc)
Why use Coochicoo Cards to provide your website:
We do all the hard work so you don’t have to! All you need to do is complete the set-up form below with all the information you want to include, send us your photos, and we will set everything up for you. From registering your own unique domain name to hosting the site to designing, creating and adding all the content to it.
We can personalise it to match the same colour theme and style as your invitations and the rest of your wedding stationery.
We can add your website address to your invitations so you do not need to contact your guests separately to tell them about it.
If you need to add updates or additional information at a later date, no problem. Just tell us what you want to add.
It is secure and safe. Your website will be hosted on a secure server by a local reputable expert who carry out regular back-ups and security checks so no data is lost and you won't be spammed!
One-off fee of £100 OR 12 monthly instalments of £10 per month (by direct debit).
If you would like us to build your wedding website just complete the form below and we will be in touch to confirm your requirements and to arrange payment.